Friday 16 August 2013

Neil Alexander

Last year when all the shameless players walked out on our team Neil Alexander stayed with us to help the team start the long journey back to the top.

We had players who used the situation to get themselves not only a move to England but to triple their wages.

Now I know that footballers have to make as much money as they can during their short career but the way some of the so called club men ran for the exits was shameful. Then months later we read reports of how saddened they were to leave and how they still loved the club. 

Two of the players had been sidelined for months while injured and were getting paid during this period only to repay us by quitting the club at the first opportunity.

We know who they are and I for one will never forgive any of them as in my eyes they were money grabbing Traitors.

So it has saddened me that one man who did stay for the fight was in my eyes not rewarded for wanting to play for our club. I also understand the need for cutting the wage bill but when you hear the money that has been paid out to non playing staff I think Neil should have been rewarded for his loyalty.

The song He dives to the left he dives to the right Neil Alexander he stayed for the Fight will be fondly remembered by myself.

Many thanks for your efforts during your time at Ibrox Neil you did us proud and it will never be forgotten by true Rangers fans.....Neil Alexander he stayed for the Fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment